Prepare best answers to Hotel receptionist interview questions by job interview types:
Think of at least two reasons this job is a good match for your skills, strengths, experience and background. Be clear in understanding the responses. A successful interviewee should give examples of past experiences when these skills came to use.
Hotel receptionist interview questions
Hotel receptionist interview tips
Hotel receptionist interview answers
Hotel receptionist interview mistakes
Hotel receptionist interview questions (Basic interview).
- Do you think you are overqualified for this position?
- Have you done this kind of work before?
- Have you ever had to deal with conflicting deadlines?
- How would you describe your work style?
- Do you prefer to work independently or on a team?
Hotel receptionist interview questions (Behavioral interview).
- What kinds of situations do you find most stressful?
- Describe a situation where you had to plan or organise something.
- What do you like and dislike about the job we are discussing?
- Has anything ever irritated you about people you've worked with?
- What kind of events cause you stress on the job?
Hotel receptionist interview questions (Competency Based job interview).
- How do you react to instruction and criticism?
- Tell me about a difficult experience you had in working.
- What techniques and tools do you use to keep yourself organized?
- What are your expectations regarding promotions and salary increases?
- What are three positive things your last boss would say about you?
Hotel receptionist interview questions (Phone interview).
- When were you most satisfied in your job?
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your long-term goals or career plans?
- What are you expecting from this firm in the future?
- What has been your biggest professional disappointment?
Keep your answer simple, direct and positive.
Emphasize benefits to the company. Answer Hotel receptionist interview questions with confidence and maintain proper eye contact with the interviewer.
Hotel receptionist interview questions (Situational interview).
- What attracted you to this company?
- What do you think, would you be willing to travel for work?
- What do you think you can bring to this position?
- You have not done this sort of job before. How will you succeed?
- What quality of yours or personal trait matters the most in your career?
The most important thing you should do is make sure to relate your answer to your long-term career goals.
Find out everything you can about the company, its culture and its goals. Always focus on the positive reason such you were seeking the opportunity to expand your career opportunities.
Hotel receptionist interview questions (Video interview)
- How have you changed in the last five years?
- Situation in which you had to arrive at a compromise.
- Where do you see yourself in five years time?
- Describe a situation in which you had to collect information.
- What would you say are your strong points?
This is the time you make advantage of the list of questions you have prepared earlier. Think of actual examples you can use to describe your skills. Give an example that relates to the type of position applied for.
Hotel receptionist interview questions (about Strengths and Weaknesses)
- Tell me about your strengths.
- What has been your most successful experience in speech making?
- List five words that describe your character.
- Who else have you applied to/got interviews with?
- What do you believe are your key strengths?
Hotel receptionist interview questions (Communication skills)
- What support training would you require to be able to do this job?
- What have you done to support diversity in your unit?
- What do you see yourself doing within the first days of this job?
- What type of work environment do you prefer?
- What irritates you about other people?